Name - EPHANTUS KAMAU MBOGO
Title - Aviation Consultant
Tel - +254 733 201941
Nationality – Kenyan
Address - P. O. BOX 54176-00200, Nairobi.
≥ Diploma in Air transport Engineering - UK - 1975
≥ C&G Full Technological Certificate (F.T.C) “AET” “Operation Technology”. - 1985
≥ 4½ year Apprenticeship with EAA precursor to Kenya Airways. - 1971 to 1975
≥ Aeronautical Engineering Certificate (CAA-UK) - 1974
≥ KCAA AMEL cat. C rated for various engines. - 1979 forward.
≥ Attended aircraft and engine manufacturer’s maintenance courses on all fleet operated by Kenya Airways during my term there. (F27, B707, DC9, B737-300; 200, B767-300, F50, SAAB340, B737NG and B777-200).
≥ Attended various business development courses and seminars -
Aero-Engine Overhaul and Maintenance conferences.
General Electric Powerplant Engineering course.
Boeing Production Planning Requirements to Maintain Continued Airworthiness.
Aircraft Maintenance cost Seminar in Netherlands.
IATA International negotiation Skills.
≥ Over 40 years’ experience in Aircraft engineering and maintenance having started as an apprentice engineer and rising to Head of Aircraft Production at Kenya Airways.
≥ Production and inspection roles in line maintenance, hangar and workshops.
≥ Directly managed off-wing maintenance of all Kenya Airways’ fleet Propulsion Systems (Engines, APUs, Propellers, Thrust reversers, etc) for over 20 years by:
- Organising and guiding engine and propeller workshops production activities.
- Set up and managed a CF6-80C2 Engine Module change workshop at Kenya Airways.
- Forecasting and planning removals based on on-wing Performance and physical Condition Monitoring and established life limitations.
- Establishing off-wing workscopes and ensuring compliance with same at outsourced facilities.
- Ensuring Maintenance Release documents are complete and compliant with Airworthiness Regulations including EASA (JAR) and FAA.
≥ Was Head of Aircraft Production responsible to Technical Director for control and management of all maintenance and servicing activities at Line stations, Base and all workshops for 2½ years.
≥ Was Manager Technical Contracts at Kenya Airways for 2 years responsible for:
- Material supply and repair contracts.
- Warranty and manufacturers guarantee administration.
- Stock verification and audits.
≥ Retired from Kenya Airways in July 2011 as Propulsion Manager for 2½ years in charge of:
- Propulsion Systems management.
- Propulsion engineering.
- Propulsion leasing and Propulsion contracted maintenance administration.
≥ Has been trained in various management skills.
≥ Believes in being ethical and conscious to cost saving activities.
KEY CAREER HISTORY
|Propulsion Manager||2008 to 2011||Kenya Airways|
|Manager Technical Contracts||2006 to 2008||Kenya Airways|
|Head of Aircraft Production||2004 to 2006||Kenya Airways|
|Manager Propulsion Systems||1993 to 2003||Kenya Airways|
|Head of Propulsion Support Group||1990 to 1993||Kenya Airways|
|Production Engineer - Engine Overhaul||1988 to 1990||Kenya Airways|
|Inspector - Engine Overhaul Shop||1984 to 1988||Kenya Airways|
|Engineering Supervisor – Line Maintenance||1983 to 1984||Kenya Airways|
|Licenced Aircraft Engineer - Line Maintenance||1979 to 1983||Kenya Airways|
|Technician – Engine Shop and Line Maintenance||1975 to 1979||East African/Kenya Airways|
|Apprentice Engineer||1971 to 1975||East African Airways|